Tryouts for MVSC Competitive and Development teams will take place in early May. Please review the information below so that you and your child will be prepared and know what to expect. We look forward to welcoming both new and returning players to tryouts!
- U8 (2013 & 2014) - U12 (2009): Saturday, May 9; Saturday, May 16; and Sunday, May 17
- U13 (2008) & U14 (2007): Saturday, May 9,;Wednesday, May 13; and Saturday, May 16
- U15-U18 (2006-2003): Wednesday, May 20; and Tuesday, May 26
- All weekend tryouts: Tamalpais High School Turf (Football) Field
- All weekday tryougs: TBD
Tryouts will be held rain or shine!
All players must be registered by a parent or guardian in order to participate in a tryout. We encourage parents to register online at least 48 hours in advance of tryouts. This will ensure a faster check-in process and better experience for your child on the day of tryouts.
What to bring:
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Plain white or grey shirts preferred; please, no MVSC or other club-affiliated jerseys
- Rain gear or sunscreen, as appropriate
How Many Tryouts Should My Child Attend?
MVSC offers three tryout sessions for U8 - U14 age groups. We do this to provide flexibility for players with other sports or extracurricular activities. Players with other in-season sports commitments should attend those games or events. Players are only required to attend one tryout; we encourage players to attend as many as they can.
Take 90 minutes for yourself!
Once checked in, give your child a hug, wish them luck, then let them shine. Looking for mom or dad on the sideline can create, rather than reduce, anxiety for a player. For our youngest U8 and U9 players, we will have parent volunteers dedicated to chaperoning your players onto the field and helping them with their gear.
If you stay to watch, please move to the bleachers. Parents will not be allowed on the track or field at any time.
If you have additional questions about tryouts or the tryout process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.