The United States Soccer Federation ("USSF"), and US Club Soccer are the governing bodies that preside over play within the Mill Valley Soccer Club. USSF’s requirement is that all coaches, whether paid or volunteer, submit to a Staff Background Check as a condition of working with youth athletes.
This is a two part process that is free to all volunteer coaches and assistants, but does require a little bit of your time. Even if you completed a background check last year, you are required to do it again this year. Moving forward, the Background Check Validation will be valid for 2 seasons.
- All adults working with youth players must first take a "Sideline Sports Doctor" (SSD) on-line class. You'll need the following access code to pay for the course: MVSC101
This series of videos and quizzes helps inform adults of some important rules about diagnosing common sports injuries, and how to handle them on the field. This course takes about 60-90 minutes to complete, so please plan accordingly.
- After you complete the tutorial, you'll be taken to the US Club Soccer Staff Background Check, which is quick and easy.
- When you reach the Check-Out page, you'll be asked to pay $18. DO NOT PAY.
- Send a note to: email@example.com, confirming you have complted the process.
- The Club will respond with 24 hours (usually much faster), with a unique 1-time use DISCOUNT CODE.
- Enter the Discount Code in the payment page to complete the process.
- Alternatively, you may request the Discount Code in advance so you can complete the process in one step.
Start now by going to: US CLUB SOCCER BACKGROUND CHECK
All coaches and assistant coaches must complete this process no later than August 1, 2018. Coaches who do not complete the Background Check process are not covered under the Club's general liability insurance.
Thank you for your support and participation of this policy.